Experience the grandeur of the Himalayas by trekking on the beautiful Chopta/Chandrashila route and rafting on the Ganges. The difficulty level would be largely rated as moderate. The trek would start from ukhimath, and pass through Deoria tal, Chopta and Tungnath to reach the summit of Chandrashila for an amazing view of the Himalayas. Maximum altitude reached would be around 4000 mtr at the summit of Chandrashila.
We would trek through a protected sanctuary for musk deer, rich in flora and fauna. Camping would be done at Deoriya tal lake with majestic view of Chaukhamba peaks, and further in the meadows of Chopta. Each camp site would offer excellent views to the Himalayan peaks.
The Chandrashila summit would be our highest point in the trek, giving a vantage point to experience Himalayas in a wide spectrum. One would see the entire range in almost a 360 degrees of visibility, with peaks like Chaukhamba, Kedarnath, Nanda devi and Trishul among the most prominent ones.
On our way back from the trek, we would raft down from Kaudiyala to the temple city of Rishikesh, negotiating exciting class III and class IV rapids on the Ganga. The river trip would be done in an expedition style giving experience of exclusive camping on isolated beach besides the river.
Max altitude : 4000 mtr
Grade : Easy
Duration : 6 days
Activity : Trek + Raft + High altitude camp
Best Time : Oct to may
|Cost – 15500/- per person
|* All price is per person
|* Minimum group size : 8
GST @5% is applicable on above price.
Day 1 – Drive Haridwar – Sari Village and trek to Devariyatal
Drive5-6 kms | Altitude 2440mts
Drive up to Ukhimath, breakfast on the trip. The road goes along the river Alaknanda earlier than entering the Mandakini valley. It’s a gradual mounting all the way up to the attractive lake of Devariyatal.
Day 2 – Trek Devariyatal – Chopta
Altitude 2440mts – 3000mts
The trail goes through the dark forest and stays on the ridge all the way to Tali. From here we descend for a while to cross a stream and then climb-up slowly to reach Chopta, situated in a peaceful setting having beautiful meadows and are surrounded by dark forests.
Day 3 – Trek Chopta – Tungnath – Chandrashilla Top – Chopta & Drive to Camp Devprayag
Altitude – 3000mts | Drive4- kms | Altitude – 3680 mts – 4000mts
Begin early in the morning and climb-up to the beautiful temple of Tungnath and further than. Tungnath, one of the Shiva ancient temples is the highest temple in Garhwal and has definitely a certain mystical or religious aspect which is quite based on the spectacular surrounding and views from there. Visions which go far beyond the simple views of mountains.The summit of the Chandrashilla peak provides a magnificent 360 degree vision.
Day 4 – Drive to Devprayag (rest + relax + rejuvenate)
Drive 4 hrs to reach devprayag in the evening. Evening campfire and overnight camp.
Day 5 – Devprayag – Kaudiyala (35 km rafting)
After a comprehensive safety briefing and packing the bags on the raft, we head out on the water. We start the trip on the Ganga River as it enters the last canyon stretch with good whitewater, featuring rapids such as ‘Baghwan’s Pillow’, ‘The Deadly Duos’ and more,It is a mild section from here until the campsite with a few rapids where you can body surf, swim, relax and spot wildlife.
An easy day with small rapids. Great day to relax, soak in the sun, bodysurf and bird-watch. Raft time is approximately 35 kms to Kaudiyala. Set up camp for the night on a beach or lodge at Kaudiyala.
Day 6 – Raft Kaudiyala – Rishikesh (36 km rafting)
Raft down adrenaline pumping rapids like ‘Daniel’s Dip’, ‘Three Blind Mice’, ‘Crossfire’, ‘Bodysurfing’, ‘Return to Sender’, ‘Roller Coaster’, ‘Golf Course’, and lots of smaller ones too. We stop to have lunch and then continue to encounter the big rapids on the Ganga. We end the trip just before the famous Laxman Jhula in Rishikesh.Transfer to Haridwar to board the evening Shatabdi to be back in Delhi by 10:45 pm.
Note – We don’t hit wall rapid in Kaudiyala .
All road transfers by private vehicles from Haridwar to Haridwar.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the trip as mentioned in the itinerary on twin sharing basis.
Meals: As per itinerary. Tea /coffee, snacks & drinking water during the trek / expedition. All meals would be vegetarian.
English speaking & professionally trained mountain guide.
Kitchen staff would accompany the group on the trek.
Porters / Mules will carry one bag per client (not to exceed 10 Kgs)
Camping equipment: 3/4 season tents, sleeping bags, ground mattress, mess tent & camping tables & stools.
All rafting / trekking inner line permits and park entry fees.
First Aid Kit.
Use of equipment and the services of trained guides for outdoor activities.
All class rafting gear (rafts, life jackets, helmets, safety kayaks, dry bags).
Experienced river guides and kayak professionals with international Certifications for white water rescue and first aid /CPR.
River running permits and Rescue-3 International Certified Guides.
Accommodation in Delhi – We can arrange it if required. Rooms starting at Rs.2500 and upwards.
Additional meals/services not mentioned in the above.
Charges for video/ still cameras etc.
Alcohol, beverages, soft drinks etc.
Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
Train fare. Can be arranged on request
Meals during the road journey
Anything not mentioned in the above schedule/program.
- Trekking / Rafting programs in the Himalayas not necessarily would always run exactly as scheduled. Allow for unplanned long days or early camps due to weather disruptions or similar causes.
- Any additional expenses which might occur due to delays, weather disruptions, medical evacuation etc. would need to be borne by the participants. All participants are recommended to have a travel insurance that covers trekking and wilderness travel.
- Participants would be required to sign an indemnity/disclaimer prior to trip start.
- Minimum age for participation in the rafting expedition is 15 years.
- No room service or any kind of special considerations/customizations is possible/provided.
- Participants not comfortable in water may be asked to walk certain rapids.
- People with past history/ailment of heart, asthma, epilepsy are not recommended to register for this tour.
- Toilets are tented, dry pit arrangements with western kind of w/c.
Below is a list of essentials you would require at the camp:
- Shirts / T-shirts, Trousers / Track Pants, Windproof jacket
- Fleece / Full-sleeve Woolen sweater , Thermal inner wear (upper & lower)
- Woolen cap, Mittens (Woolen gloves), Scarf
- Woolen socks (extra pairs to be carried)
- Comfortable shoes to wear in the evening
- Floaters, Towel, Water bottle, Cap / Hat, Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm, Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
- Sunglasses, Personal toiletry
Expected Weather : The expected temperatures would be 12-15°C during the day and 3-4°C during the nights. Though this is the summer months in the plains, Ladakh is a high altitude desert and remains cold throughout the year. Even though it is cold, you have strong sunlight and would feel warm in the direct sun but would feel cold the moment you get under the shade. Use of a strong sun block is recommended and you should keep yourself warm at all times.
- Within 15 days of Arrival Date/ No Show: No Refund
- 15 Days to 30 Days prior to Arrival: 50% of the total package cost.
- 30 Days & More: 10% of package cost (and taxes are not refunded in any case)
- Note: No refunds in case of Road Blocks, Accidents, etc
Read the Terms and Conditions/ Cancellation Policy/ Refund Policy , etc before booking. Do let us know if you have any query.
Why book this package from eUttaranchal?
- Largest online travel portal of Uttarakhand since 2003 with Authentic and Latest Information
- Self visited destinations, hotels before recommending to guests
- Hundreds of trusted local guides, hotels, taxi operators, tour operators associated with Uttaranchal
- Dedicated region specific sales team with in-depth knowledge of Uttarakhand
- One of the most trusted website of Uttarakhand